Easy DIY Project: Fabric Covered Custom Cabinet Knobs
I have been working on all of the finishing touches in my new home office, and I have not been able to find any knobs for all of my storage cabinets that I liked. I have looked everywhere, and nothing seemed to be just right. When I found a pile of fabric scraps in one of my drawers, I came up with the perfect solution! I decided to take some plain knobs and decoupage them into knobs that coordinate perfectly with my new office decor. :) I love the end result! Here’s what I did:
1. Found some plain, inexpensive knobs that were the right size. I used pink ceramic knobs.
2. Covered a knob with a layer of decoupage glue (I used glossy Mod Podge).
3. Covered the knob with a scrap of fabric, and wrapped a tiny rubber band around the fabric to keep it in place.
4. Added an exterior coat of decoupage glue all over outside of fabric and let dry. Repeated with a second coat after approximately 20 minutes.
5. Once all of the knobs were dry, I removed the rubber bands and trimmed off any excess fabric.
6. Attached knobs to my cabinets!
More of the office decorating projects coming up, and the full unveiling of my new home office coming soon!